What is the E-1 Visa Category?

This visa is for treaty traders and allows individuals who engage in trade between their home country and the United States to reside and work in the U.S. E visa holders can remain in the U.S. for an indeterminate period of time, as long as they continue to do business. In order to qualify for this visa, there must be a reciprocal treaty between the U.S. and the country of the applicant’s nationality.